Hosting a Site Visit for NZPICS Members
NZPICS is a not for profit membership incorporated society. We have been delivering supply chain education for over 40 years. As New Zealand’s Premier Channel Partner of APICS, NZPICS deliver courses in Supply Chain such as CPIM, CSCP, CLTD, SCOR, Principles, etc. More information on NZPICS is available by visiting www.nzpics.org.nz.
As part of our NZPICS activities, we organize monthly site visits for our members (supply chain professionals from various organizations in NZ.) These site visits offer our members an insight into what other businesses are doing, benchmark against best practices and to gain “Points” to maintain their APICS certificate/s.
Format of site visits:
• First 10-15 minutes: Introduction and a brief overview on the organization, their supply chain journey, future aspirations, Health and Safety, etc
• 30 – 75 minutes: Factory / Distribution centre / warehouse tour
• 15-30 minutes: Q & A
• Most site visits take around 2 hours.
Focus of the site visit: Some visits tour factory and distributor facilities, other offer insight on the supply chain perspective of an organization. Our members are interested in software applications, ERP systems, Lean in action, automated distribution systems. We invite hosts to be creative in their approach and focus of the site visit.
Questions may be asked will be in the following areas:
Planning, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, Distribution, ERP and other areas.
Site Visit information needed by NZPICS
1. Maximum number you would allow (between 10 and 25)
2. Any specific H&S measures (e.g., do attendees have to wear fully covered shoes etc)
3. Parking space availability (off-site or on-site)
4. Site Contacts (preferably two in case one is away on the day of the visit)
5. Restrictions on members (i.e., competitors) if any
The Process: Once an organization agrees to host a site visit, NZPICS office sends out an email to our members asking them to register. After the registrations are complete, the list of participants will be emailed to the representative of the host company to check any conflicts of interest. Please note that the host organisation has the final say on who will be allowed to attend their site visit. NZPICS will advise the attendees if they are unable to attend. An NZPICS team member or committee member will also attend the site visit.
Benefits of hosting a site visit –We hope host organizations also gain from hosting a site visit. The benefits we see for host organizations are:
• Opportunity to showcase your people, services or products and processes
• Fresh eyes on your business can help the hosting organisation see potential improvements
• Networking across the supply chain
• Visibility through NZPICS as we advertise the site visit on our website, through our newsletters, etc.
• Thank you letter from NZPICS.
Please consider becoming an NZPICS Site Visit location, as our members value this highly. If you have any questions, please contact the NZPICS Office Team.
Thank you for your consideration.
P 09 525 1525 E email@example.com W www.nzpics.org.nz