ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 105,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
Company – Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
General information- Join us as Planning & Fulfillment Manager based in our medium voltage manufacturing facility in Henderson, Auckland. In your role you will lead and implement supply planning, inventory management and resource management. You will also be accountable for planning initiatives to improve customers on time delivery, lead-time, and inventory. This is a newly created position ready for you to put your mark on it! This is an integral position to support our continued growth by ensuring tactical planning of our operations, resources, optimizing inventory and fulfillment of customer orders. Reporting to the business manager, you will identify key root causes for non-performance, and drive improvement initiatives across our factory that offers the latest in Medium Voltage technology. This is captured in a locally designed and manufactured switchgear product that is successful in local and export markets.
- -Be the functional leader for planning and fulfillment in New Zealand
- -Providing visibility and plan the supply capacity and production in New Zealand.
- -Providing feedback into S&OP process to support the demand plan locally and in alignment with overseas factories. ·
- -Establishing and maintaining an inventory management process including raw materials, WIP, finished goods and sales in excess of invoicing (project units).
- -Is accountable for inventory within the site, and driving inventory optimization projects within the site ·
- -Run a short-term planning process, connecting planning with execution.
- -Coordinating an appropriate response to unplanned events.
- -Supporting the profitable production of customer orders, in coordination with project management, engineering, manufacturing and procurement. ·
- -Leading and contributing to cross-functional initiatives for optimizing customer on-time delivery, lead-time, inventory, resource utilization, and forecast accuracy.
- -Using lean 6 sigma tools whenever applicable.
- -Collaborating with other units in the end-to- end supply chain.
- -Providing local leadership for the development of best practices in planning systems and integrated ERPs.
- -Planning & Fulfillment or relevant SCM or operational manufacturing experience.
- -Experience in batch manufacturing Continuous Improvement mindset and critical thinker.
- -High level of numerical and analytical reasoning.
- -Knowledge of SAP with good organizational skills
- -Proficient with Microsoft Office, SAP knowledge an advantage
- -Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- -Good organizational skills.
- -A collaborative, solution-focused approach with strong written and spoken communication skills.
More about us ABB’s Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart, and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB Ability TM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring, and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.
Publication ID: NZ84379955_E1
To apply for this job please visit careers.abb.